Welcome to Somerset Car SalesQuality Used Cars at Competitive Prices
Somerset Car Sales is a company proud of its local roots and family values which is now into the fourth generation of the family with the young fifth generation already taking a keen interest in the cars! Founded back in the 1930's, the company continues to trade from its original location.
George Henry Bown established the company using horses and carts to deliver coal. This later progressed into haulage with horse and cart and then lorries which saw the second generation (brothers Stanley and Raymond) take the helm.
The haulage side of the business continued with the current owner of the business, John Bown (Stan's son) who has worked there for over forty years. John also evolved the business into second hand car sales which is its sole focus today since the haulage business outgrew the location in the early 1990's.
Today John Bown is proud to continue to lead the family business and his son James (fourth generation Bown) joined the business in 1998 after obtaining professional qualifications in Automotive Engineering and specialist experience as an Auto Electrician.
Although much has changed in the intervening years and technology replaced the horse and cart long ago, what remains is the same Bown family values of integrity, professionalism and approachability.
We look forward to being of service to you.
- Part exchange is welcomed
- Late low mileage vehicles bought for cash
- RAC & AA independent inspections welcome
- The Majority of our cars are one owner, one driver, FSH
- All car are fully serviced., cambelts, renewed and MOT’d as required
- All work is carried out at our fully equipped workshops
- We offer very competitive finance, tailored to your requirements
- All cars available for viewing 7 days a week. No high pressure sales, view at your leisure
- Commercial Vehicles are subject to VAT where applicable